When you receive, and accept, The Liebster Award from a fellow blogger, you should do the following:
- Post a link to your nominator’s blog on your own Liebster post.
- Answer the questions that your nominator has set for you, plus create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Pick 11 of your own fave up-and-coming bloggers, and post links to their blogs in your Liebster post.
- Let them know you’ve nominated them.
- No tag backs!
1. What/who inspired you to become a blogger?
I guess I just needed a creative outlet. When I began Fancy That, I really had no idea where it would go. I was going through the first of multiple deployments that I would come to experience, and I was looking for a way to channel my energy and emotions into something positive. I created a space where I could come, get my feelings out, and those who were interested could take a look.
As time progressed, Fancy That turned into more of a lifestyle blog of sorts, but nothing about this place of mine is structured or by the book. I post whatever strikes my fancy (pun not intended), and lately, it’s been an outlet as I grow as a “photographer.” When I’m in Savannah, it’s also an ideal way to keep my friends and family back home updated on what’s going on with Caleb and me.
2. Who are some of your idols/icons?
I have so, very many. I draw inspiration from everything – my favorite bands, actresses, writers, or just people around me with kind hearts and open minds. Everyone from Jeffrey Eugenides to Dolly Parton to Jessica Valenti to my lovely mom and dad.
3. What are your favorite things to post about?
I love posting my outfits of the day, but I always feel super awkward posing for them. More often than not, I just post photos of my daily adventures, experiments, and my favorite faces…and my dog, of course.
4. What are your five favorite songs at the moment?
1. “Annabelle”- Joshua James
2. “Lucky Bastard” – All Get Out
3. “Top Notch” -Manchester Orchestra
4. “From the Ashes” – In This Moment
5. “Hide” – Little May
5. What is the last movie you went to see in theaters?
If I say, my husband will kill me. ;]
6. If you could only eat one thing forever, what would it be?
Mexican food. All of it. Does that count?
7. How have your blogging styles/post subjects changed since you first began?
These days, I really make an effort to post all original material. I used to treat this site as more of a Tumblr, and now, I’m really passionate about posting my own photos.
8. What is the last thing that made you laugh really hard?
My classmates this afternoon in Spanish class. This last bit of college has been super frustrating. However, being able to go to class and laugh, from the moment I walk in to the moment I leave, with the sweetest people makes it all the more worth it.
9. If your life were a television show, which show would it be?
Probably a mixture of Roseanne, Freaks and Geeks, and The OC. Or at least, that’s what I would prefer.
10. Name at least one thing you can make? (food, crafts, etc.)
I can make a mean pot of chili.
11. What are some of your future blogging/life goals?
I just want to continue to grow as a blogger, writer, and amateur photographer. I’d like to inspire people, and I hope, even if it’s just to try out a recipe I’ve posted, that I already have. I want this blog to be an example of the beauty that can be found in every day life, if only you pay attention. The things I post are things that I find beautiful or worthwhile.
Okay, now for your questions:
1. What is your biggest passion?
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
3. Who is your favorite author, and why?
4. What do you collect?
5. If you could meet up with a younger you, what advice would you give to her?
6. If you could travel anywhere in the whole world, where would it be?
7. Name five of your favorite books.
8. What do you look for in a blog?
9. How would you describe your style?
10. What’s your favorite candy?
11. Who do you look up to the most?
And, here’s who I’ve nominated!
Welcome Home Taylor
Dream in Neon
Dancing Through Sunday
Pickles and Chapstick
Nice Kind of Blue
Chambray & Curls
Feathers and Ash
That’s all for now, readers! Thanks, again, to that lovely friend of mine for nominating this blog. Hugs all around!